Terms & Conditions
Last Updated: February 2018
This website from which you are accessing these Terms and Conditions (“Website”) is created and maintained by the Emergency Management Network of Excellence – EMNEX (referred to below as “EMNEX,” “we,” and “us”). EMNEX is a Norwegian company network consisting of advanced IT and Telecom related companies. The Network is currently consisting of six principal partners and one associate partner. We can be contacted by email at: email@example.com.
Please read the below terms and conditions (“Terms”) carefully. Your use of the Website is subject to these Terms.
- Acceptance of Terms. By entering or using our website, you agree to these terms and conditions and additional rules we may post on the Website (the “Terms”). If you do not accept these Terms please DO NOT continue to use the website.
- We may make changes to these Terms and to any such additional rules from time to time, we may notify you of such changes by any reasonable means, including by posting the revised version of the Terms on the website. You can determine when we last changed these Terms by referring to the “LAST UPDATED” statement above. Your use of the website following changes to these Terms will constitute your acceptance of those changes.
- You are responsible for all access to the Website using your internet connection, even if the access is by another person.
- We reserve the right to restrict your access to the Website or part of it. Access to restricted areas of the Website may be subject to registration and other conditions. If we grant you permission to access a restricted area, we may withdraw that permission at any time (including where you breach any of these Terms).
- We will use reasonable efforts to ensure that the Website is available at all times. However, we cannot guarantee that the Website or any individual function or feature of the Website will always be available and/or error free. In particular, the Website may be unavailable during periods when we are implementing upgrades to or carrying out essential maintenance on the Website.
- Content published on this Website (digital downloads, images, texts, graphics, logos) is the property of EMNEX and/or its content creators and protected by international copyright laws.
- It is protected from unauthorised copying and dissemination by copyright law; trademark law, and other intellectual property laws. Any use or modification of the content or any part of the content for any purpose, other than as expressly permitted by these Terms, constitutes an infringement of our copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary rights.
- You may not reproduce, create derivative works from, republish, upload, post, transmit, use on any other website or distribute in any way whatsoever any content from this website without our prior written permission.
- You may however, download, or make copy of the content for personal, non-commercial use only, but all copyright and other notices must be left intact.
- Nothing contained on the Website shall be deemed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use this Website or any content, except as expressly permitted above or with our prior written permission or the permission of any third party that may own the trademark or copyright of content on the Website.
- We provide the Website on an ‘as is’ basis and make no representations as to the quality, completeness or accuracy of any content made available on the Site. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we expressly exclude:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms that might otherwise be implied by law into these Terms; and
- any and all liability to you, whether arising under these Terms or otherwise in connection with your use of the Website.
The foregoing is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in these Terms is intended to exclude or limit any liability that may not by law be excluded or limited.
- Your permission to use the Website is personal to you and non-transferable. Your use of the Website is conditional on your compliance with the rules of conduct set out in these Terms and you agree that you will not:
- use the Website for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose;
- impersonate any person or entity, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity in connection with the Website; or express or imply that we endorse any statement you make;
- interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Website or the servers or networks used to make the Website available; or violate any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of such networks;
- transmit or otherwise make available in connection with the Website any virus, worm, Trojan horse or other computer code that is harmful or invasive or may or is intended to damage the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software, or equipment;
- modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Website;
- remove any copyright, trade mark or other proprietary rights notice from the Website or materials originating from the Website;
- create a database by systematically downloading and storing Website content;
- use any manual or automatic device in any way to gather Website content or reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Website without our express prior written consent. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we grant the operators of public online search engines limited permission to use search retrieval applications to reproduce materials from the Site, for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of such materials solely in connection with each operator’s public online search service.
- We may at our own discretion report any breach of the above to any appropriate law enforcement authorities and co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Website will cease immediately.
- We may provide links to other websites and online resources. We are not responsible for and do not endorse such external sites or resources. Your use of third party websites and resources is at your own risk.
- We may block any links to or from the Website. Additionally, we may provide tools to allow you to link to the Website directly from a third party site but only with the EMNEX’s prior written consent and if you do link to the Website (whether using such tools or otherwise) you agree that you will disable and remove any such link immediately upon our request. If we expressly agree to such a link the link is to the homepage of this Website only at the following URL http://www.emenx.org/ and the link must not cause this Website or any content on this Website to be:
- embedded in or ‘framed’ by any other website, or
- otherwise displayed in a way different to the way originally intended by us.
- Information or Complaint. We appreciate your comments about our Site. However, any comments, ideas, suggestions or other communications sent to the Site become our sole property, and we may use all such communications in any manner, including reproducing, disclosing and publishing them, without compensation to you. If you have any questions or complaints, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If any provision of these Terms shall be deemed to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. These Terms do not, and shall not be construed to, create any partnership, joint venture, employer-employee, agency or franchisor-franchisee relationship between you and us.
- These Terms are effective until terminated. We may, at any time and for any reason, terminate your access to or use of the Website. If we terminate your access to the Website you will not have the right to bring claims against us or our affiliates with respect to such termination. We and our affiliates shall not be liable for any termination of your access to the Website.
- In order to control the cost of disputes you and we agree that for any legal or equitable claim arising out of or relating in any way to your use of our service or for any matter concerning these Terms will be first resolved informally after you have contacted us and sent us a statement at: email@example.com. If we cannot resolve this claim informally, any claim will be resolved by binding arbitration in Oslo, Norway. The arbitration shall be conducted in the English and the tribunal shall consist of one (1) arbitrators.
- These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Norway. Class action or class arbitration is prohibited in respect of any claims or actions arising under or in connection with these Terms.